Safety during extreme events
Storms and heatwaves can contribute to widespread loss of power.
Our number one priority at all times is the safety of the community
and our workers. We aim to reconnect electricity and gas to
everyone as soon as we safely can. For more information on
emergency preparedness, click here for electricity or click here for
What to do if you lose power during extreme events
- Check your neighbour’s house to see if they also have lost
- If you know any neighbours who are elderly or sick, check to
see if they need help.
- Keep clear of fallen powerlines. Fallen powerlines should
always be treated as live and dangerous so contact us as soon as
possible on 132 099.
- If you smell gas, ensure all appliances are turned off and if
the odour continues or becomes more prominent, immediately call
- In a life-threatening situation, always call