Our health and safety vision
The health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors
and broader community is of the highest priority and is critical to
our overall business success.
Our vision is to achieve
zero harm by providing a safe and healthy workplace which includes
the principles outlined below:
- Embedding health and safety into all business decisions and
processes, to the extent that no business objective will take
priority over safety.
- Creating a culture and environment where every employee is
personally committed to their own health and safety and that of
their colleagues and the public.
- Creating a learning environment where hazard and incident
reporting is encouraged and health and safety policies and
procedures are constantly reviewed for currency, relevance and
- Establishing a risk based approach to health and safety by
having processes and systems to identify, assess and control health
and safety risks and ensure continuous improvement in health and
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive health and safety
management system, compliant with relevant standards.
- Setting, monitoring and communicating meaningful performance
measures for the benefit of our employees and other
- Providing appropriate training and education to our
- Expecting responsible leadership, management, commitment and
ownership of health and safety issues by all managers and employees
and in all business situations.
- Meeting and where appropriate exceeding our legal and other